For both Sponsors and Candidates
Do you want to Attend a Weekend?
- First contact a sponsor—you must be sponsored by someone who has already attended a Cursillo weekend and can step you through the process.
- If you don’t know someone who might act as your sponsor, email email@example.com and let us know what church you attend.
- Your sponsor will discuss with you what you need to bring to the weekend, will prepare you for the weekend and will answer any of your questions regarding your weekend.
- Afterwards, your sponsor will help you after the weekend to process what you’ve heard and find a group to meet with.
Do you have someone you would like to sponsor?
- Consult with the candidate about their ability to attend the weekend. Be sure their schedule is clear and offer to help with errands or childcare as necessary, so that their weekend is free of worry.
- Candidates should not be in the midst of major life stresses, which would interfere with their ability to focus on the content of the Weekend.
- Discuss the sleeping arrangements (depending on the setting, beds or sleeping bags on the floor) and offer your candidate an opportunity for an inflatable or rollaway bed if needed. Men and women sleep in different areas (even spouses).
- After consulting with a potential candidate about attending a Cursillo weekend, provide him/her with a Cursillo Candidate Application 2017.
- Ask the candidate to complete the application and ask him/her to return it to you, the sponsor.
- You complete a Cursillo Sponsor sponsor2016update.
- Obtain the signature of the Priest of the candidate, endorsing that this candidate is prepared to attend a weekend (the space for this endorsement is part of the sponsor form).
- Send (snail mail or email a scanned copy of the forms; be sure to keep a copy of all pages in case they are needed later) the candidate and sponsor application pages to:
Don Erickson, Registrar (email address below)
18375 NW Snowden Court
Portland, OR 97229
- You (the sponsor) will be notified of your candidate’s acceptance. Please maintain good and constant contact with your candidate to answer any questions that may come up. You should inform your candidate of pertinent information as outlined on page two of the sponsor application (your responsibilities to the candidate’s weekend, AND your responsibility for helping maintain Fourth Day responsibilities).
- Sponsors should be sure to submit the Candidate Application, the Sponsor Application, and the fee as early as possible to ensure timely processing.
* Get yourselves into a Reunion Group. Form one if necessary. Your responsibility as a Sponsor is to get your candidate into a Reunion Group.
* Don Erickson, Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
* I want a Cursillo Candidate Application 2017
* I want a sponsor form. New Sponsor Form