Welcome to the website for Oregon and SW Washington Episcopal Cursillo ® Ministry. We are a group of Episcopalians eager to deepen the faith and encourage the ministry of both laity and clergy across our Dioceses, and celebrate that over 2,000 Episcopalians have participated over the years. Cursillo is one method for promoting vital, dynamic faith, a vibrant sense of Christian community, and the ongoing development of lay leadership. Cursillo involves two main components:
- a 3-day weekend filled with 15 great talks, group discussions, activities, worship, singing, and fun
- Our next Cursillo Weekend for ALL adults is scheduled for Thursday evening, September 9 – Sunday afternoon, September 12, 2021, and will be held at the Oregon Christian Convention Center in Turner, Oregon, just outside Salem.
- AND the Fourth Day, which represents how we live out the Christian life in support of one another.
- Our last Ultreya Gathering was Saturday, March 20, 2021 via Zoom (not in person), from 10:30am till noon. Email Ellen Onstad email@example.com for the Zoom connection information.
- Reunion groups are meeting via Zoom or other platforms. Email us if you would like to join a Group Reunion.
Cursillo originated in Spain, so there are a lot of Spanish terms like Ultreya and De Colores that you may see throughout these pages; for more info on what these terms mean and about Cursillo and its history, go to What is Cursillo? The secretariat is the governing body of the movement for the local Cursillo community.
Cursillo is a volunteer organization that relies on the hard work of YOU!
And here is how to keep the Cursillo blessing going
If you have already attended a Cursillo weekend, please fill out and submit a Cursillo Database Form
using the Cursillo Database Form
or you can do it online via Google Docs
a link to the online Prayer Vigil (you need not be onsite to pray for us)
Listen to our new Spotify station
The Candidate Application and Sponsor Form are on the Pre-Cursillo page.
Here is a PowerPoint about Cursillo
Here is a trifold brochure about Cursillo
Here is a flyer for the 2021 Cursillo Weekend 2021
Here is the Team Registration Form
Think you’d like to attend the 2021 Cursillo Weekend, but don’t have someone who has asked to sponsor you? No problem. We can connect you with someone in your area to help make it happen. Or maybe you just have some questions about Cursillo. Still no problem. Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to email palanca/prayers, send to email@example.com
Ever wonder what The Episcopal Church is doing to share the Good News of Jesus Christ? Presiding Bishop Michael Curry calls us the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement. Check out the national church’s website
Please contact our Cursillo Ministry by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Holy Spirit and fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in us the fire of your love!
When you join our email list, use the button below, and please include both your first and last name, and what congregation (and in what city) you belong to. The information really helps us.
Full Name – Parish – City
®Cursillo Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.