Welcome to the website for Oregon and SW Washington Episcopal Cursillo ® Ministry. We are a group of Episcopalians eager to deepen the faith and encourage the ministry of both laity and clergy across our Dioceses, and celebrate that over 2,000 people have participated with us across the years. Cursillo is one method for promoting vital, dynamic faith, a vibrant sense of Christian community, and ongoing development of lay leadership. Cursillo involves two main components:
- a 3-day weekend filled with 15 great talks, group discussions, activities, worship, singing, and fun
- A Cursillo Weekend for ALL adults is scheduled for Thursday evening, September 8 – Sunday afternoon, September 11, 2022, at the Oregon Christian Convention Center in Turner, Oregon, just outside Salem.
- AND the Fourth Day, which represents how we live out the Christian life in support of one another.
- Our last Grand Ultreya Gathering was held Sunday, October 10, 2021, at 1:30pm, via Zoom. Email Ellen Onstad at email@example.com for the Zoom connection information. Or use this link to the Zoom meeting.
- Reunion groups are meeting in person and via Zoom or other platforms. Email us if you would like to join a Group Reunion.
- SPIRIT BOOSTER: Keep Saturday, January 29, 2022, from 7am to 2pm PT, open for something new, a refresher called Day Four Restore, developed by our sister organization, Walk to Emmaus. It is open to all who have attended a Fourth Day Movement event. There will be a $40 fee for online participation. For information and to register, visit the Day Four Restore website or email them for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- And if you’d like to watch the first-ever, national Episcopal Cursillo Ministry Zoom Ultreya, held August 21, 2021, click this link for the National Ultreya
Cursillo originated in Spain, so there are several Spanish terms like Ultreya and De Colores that you may see throughout these pages; for more info on what these terms mean and about Cursillo and its history, go to What is Cursillo? The secretariat is the governing body of the movement for the local Cursillo community.
Cursillo is a volunteer organization that relies on the hard work of YOU!
And here is how to keep the Cursillo blessing going
If you have already attended a Cursillo weekend, please fill out and submit a Cursillo Database Form
using the Cursillo Database Form
or you can do it online via Google Docs
a link to the 2022 Cursillo Weekend
online Prayer Vigil (you need not be onsite to pray for us)
Listen to our new Spotify station
The Candidate Application and Sponsor Form are on the Pre-Cursillo page.
Here is a PowerPoint about Cursillo
Here is a trifold brochure about Cursillo
Here is the Team Registration Form
Think you’d like to attend the next Cursillo Weekend, but don’t have someone who has asked to sponsor you? No problem. We can connect you with someone in your area to help make it happen. Or maybe you just have some questions about Cursillo. Still no problem. Just send us an email at email@example.com
And if you’d like to email us palanca/prayers, send here
And for those wondering what it might be like to translate the Cursillo experience into one tailored toward those serving time in prison or to women whose lives have been impacted by someone’s incarceration, check out Kairos Prison Ministry of Oregon. Help build this ministry in Oregon – your life will never be the same.
Ever wonder what The Episcopal Church is doing to share the Good News of Jesus Christ? Presiding Bishop Michael Curry calls us the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement. Check out the national church’s website
Please contact our Cursillo Ministry by e-mailing us.
Come Holy Spirit and fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in us the fire of your love!
When you join our email list, use the button below, and please include both your first and last name, and what congregation (and in what city) you belong to. The information really helps us.
Full Name – Parish – City
®Cursillo Registered U.S. Patent Office